OCVY – From the best watch show at BaselWorld 2018, Tudor introducing five new models, the Black Bay GMT, the Black Bay Fifty-eight, the Black Bay S&G, Black Bay 32 and Tudor 1926. Among all those models, Tudor Black Bay S&G should be considered as your new watch collection.
Tudor Black Bay S&G with Extraordinary Craftmanship
The Heritage Black Bay is an emblematic model celebrating 60 years of Tudor divers’ watches with extraordinary craftsmanship. Enhancing it with yellow gold creates a precious new version named S&G, for Steel & Gold.
First of all, the Tudor Black Bay S&G retains the general lines and proportions of the Black Bay family while introducing a more formal feel to the watch with its rotating bezel, winding crown and central link of the steel bracelet made of gold. The Black Bay S&G is available with a black dial or a new champagne-colored dial.
Formal Characteristic on Tudor Black Bay S&G
In dial, Tudor Black S&G present the characteristic elements of the new Heritage been drawn from Tudor’s history with a cover by gold, makes look more elegant. Similarly, it inherits its general lines, as well as its domed dial and crystal from Tudor’s first diving watches.
The history of the Tudor divers’ watch dates back to 1954 with the launch of reference 7922. Above all, the first in a long line of ergonomic, legible, accurate and robust divers’ watches. It perfectly embodies the approach formulated by the American architect Louis Sullivan who stated that the form of an object must follow its function.
The Heritage of Tudor Black Bay S&G
Above all, Tudor Black S&G was powered by Calibre MT5612, a variation of the movement presented by Tudor in 2015, has been developed for the Heritage Black Bay S&G model, bringing a date function for the first time to the Black Bay family. MT5612 is a high-performance caliber of superb precision with proven robustness. With a 70-hour power reserve, a wearer can take off the watch on Friday evening and put it back on again on Monday morning without having to re-set and wind it.
Beating to a frequency of 28,800 beats/hour or 4Hz, a variable inertia oscillator with silicon balance spring control the movement. Traversing bridge holds the position while guaranteeing its robustness. Furthermore, the movement is certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC).
Bracelet comes with yellow gold steel makes it looks stronger and prestigious. Tudor Black S&G’s price tag is at €4650 and ready to make your day even more excited.
- Case: 41 mm steel case with a polished and satin finish
- Movement: Manufacture Calibre MT5612 (COSC) which is a self-winding mechanical movement with the bidirectional rotor system
- Power Reserve: Approximately 70 hours
- Winding Crown: Yellow gold screw-down winding crown. The Tudor rose engraved and lacquered in black, with black anodized aluminum winding crown tube
- Waterproofness: Up to 200 m (660 ft)
- Bezel: Unidirectional rotating bezel in yellow gold with 60-minute graduated matt black anodized aluminum disc, gold markings
- Dial: Black or champagne-color, domed
- Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal
- Bracelet: Steel and yellow gold bracelet, aged leather strap with folding clasp and safety catch, or fabric strap with buckle